Urban dishes from reactive glazes are fully in trend. Mineral compositions, which expand and run uncontrollably during the glaze firing, form the uniqueness of reactive coloring - far from industrial sameness. Tableware of naturalness and artistic creativity,without looking clumsy or primitive.
Originally, reactive glaze comes from decorative ceramics and only recently became popular for tableware. Well over 90% of all reactive tableware is made only of ceramics or imitation porcelain and is therefore not suitable for commercial use, or only to a very limited extent. After a development period of more than 3 years, we have succeeded in realizing reactive glazes at a firing temperature above 1,320 °C on high-fired hard porcelain. Thus, we combine the good properties of hard porcelain with the fashionable trend.
Holst Porcelain, however, does not simply bring colored glazes to tableware! We combine with our genuine reactive porcelain the natural elements of the earth, creating a harmonious composition of taste, presentation, man and nature. Porcelain is made to last forever and is not subject to any natural aging process. We combine these unique material properties with our reactive glazes
- Arena, the sand - the most diverse basic materials of the earth
- Tierra, the earth - the basis of our life and being
- Carbon, the essential element of all living things on earth
- Musgo, the moss - as a symbol of repairing vegetation
- Moreno, the soil - the earthen foundation of all growth
- Coral, the coral - garden of oceanic fauna
- Granito, the granite - grown from the cooled power of the universe
which together produce an incredible variety of mutual connection and use through a "mix & match".